Jeana's Crockpot Italian Beef
Easy to make & easier to serve.
- 5 or 6 lbs beef roast
- 1 pkg dry italian dressing mix
- 1 pkg dry garlic & herb dressing mix
- 2 12 oz bottles Miller Genuine Draft beer
- 1/8 C Garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp onion powder
- 4 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 jar Pepperocini peppers
- 2 bags hoagie buns
- Mozzarella cheese slices
- Butter spray to toast buns
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Trim fat from roast & discard. Place roast in crock pot. Put seasonings on top of roast. Pour beer over roast. If beer doesn't cover meat add just enough water to cover or add another beer. Put lid on & Cook on High for 1 hour, then on low overnight.
Remove roast from crockpot to plate or bowl & shred beef using 2 forks. Add beef back to juice in crockpot. Remove 3 or 4 peppers from jar. Cut off stem end & remove seeds. Slice into thin strips & place pepper strips in beef. Stir, then replace lid & let cook for about an hour (May add a little pepper juice depending on your taste).
Split hoagie buns open & spray with butter spray. Place on hot griddle, butter side down to toast. If desired, place a slice of mozzarella on bun & top with beef. Serve with peppers & chips or fries.
Can be served with peppers of choice. Very easy to double or triple
You'll also love
- Crock Pot Homemade Applesauce 3.4/5 (212 Votes)
- Crockpot Chicken Burritos 4.1/5 (24 Votes)
- Garlic Bread 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Rabbit with maroilles cheese 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Amy's Hearty Tortellini 3.8/5 (52 Votes)
- Fiesta Taco Soup 3.8/5 (54 Votes)
- Crock Pot Breakfast Casserole 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Deviled Egg Salad 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Enjoy these super easy, cheesy, dumpling-style croque monsieurs!
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 slices of ham
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese
- Egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a large piece of plastic wrap, press one slice of bread flat with a rolling pin.
- Add one slice of ham, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- Take the four corners of the bread, pull them in towards the center, pinch them together so that the bread maintains the shape.
- Envelope the bread in the plastic wrap. Gather and twist the ends on top to seal the sandwich dumpling.
- Repeat this step with the other slices of bread.
- Remove the bread balls from the fridge and roll each one in flour, then egg yolk, then breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve alone or with dipping sauces of your choice.