- 1-2 lb Chuck Roast cubed (stew beef can be used)
- 1 Medium Onion chopped
- Adobo Powder
- 1T Ground Cumin
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Can Red Kidney Beans rinsed and drained
- 1 Bottle Dark Beer
- 1 - 1 1/2 C Beef Stock
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Can Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce pureed
- 2T Olive Oil
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Average budget
In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium high heat.
Rub the meat with salt, pepper , cumin and adobo powder. Brown in the oil. Remove from pot and set aside.
Add a little more olive oil if needed, then sauté the onions until transparent. Add 1 bottle dark beer scraping up the bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the meat back in the pot with the rest of the ingredients. Simmer on low until meat is tender about an hour and a half.
Top with cheese and sour cream if desired.
You'll also love
- white bean 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Crockpot Beef Stroganoff 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Jeana's Crockpot Italian Beef 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Hamburger Stew 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Rabbit with maroilles cheese 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Yummy and Simple Chili Con Carne 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- chile cheese dogs 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Chicken Adobo 4.1/5 (21 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.