Rabbit with maroilles cheese
By Pépée La Marmite pour Lapin de France
- Generous 2 cups of amber beer
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- freshly ground pepper
- One clove of crushed garlic
- 4 legs of rabbits
- 12 oz Maroilles Cheese*
- 4 shallots
- 2 tablespoons flour
- scant 1 cup amber beer Regional
- *Maroilles cheese is a strong french cheese. You can substitute with Reblochon
- or any other strong soft cheese.
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 50mins
Cost Budget Friendly
The day before for 3 hours minimum, marinate the rabbit legs in beer, honey, rosemary, sage or thyme and pepper.
Drain, dry and lightly flour. Sauté in a pan in the butter and oil on two sides. Add the shallots cut in lengthwise, pour in the marinade, leaving a high heat so the alcohol evaporates, then simmer 15 to 20 minutes per side (if necessary extended with a little warm water. ).
Remove the rabbit legs, keep warm, add the Maroilles cut into strips, to the filtered sauce. Simmer 10 min by mixing with a wooden spoon. Serve on a warm serving dish the rabbits thighs with Maroilles Beer Cream sauce. Serve hot.
You'll also love
- Flavorful Grilled Chicken 4/5 (40 Votes)
- Octopus Rougail (Octopus in... 3.9/5 (26 Votes)
- Perch fillets 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Quick Energy Bars 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Unexpected ham and cheese sandwich 3.4/5 (108 Votes)
- Peach Honey 4.1/5 (26 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Beer Brined Chicken with Giblet... 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Flavour Infused Cream Cheese... 4.2/5 (14 Votes)