Rabbit with maroilles cheese
By Pépée La Marmite pour Lapin de France
- Generous 2 cups of amber beer
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- freshly ground pepper
- One clove of crushed garlic
- 4 legs of rabbits
- 12 oz Maroilles Cheese*
- 4 shallots
- 2 tablespoons flour, salt, pepper
- scant 1 cup amber beer Regional
- butter, oil
- *Maroilles cheese is a strong french cheese. You can substitute with Reblochon, Limburger, or any other strong soft cheese.
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 50mins
Cost Budget Friendly
The day before for 3 hours minimum, marinate the rabbit legs in beer, honey, rosemary, sage or thyme and pepper.
Drain, dry and lightly flour. Sauté in a pan in the butter and oil on two sides. Add the shallots cut in lengthwise, pour in the marinade, leaving a high heat so the alcohol evaporates, then simmer 15 to 20 minutes per side (if necessary extended with a little warm water. ).
Remove the rabbit legs, keep warm, add the Maroilles cut into strips, to the filtered sauce. Simmer 10 min by mixing with a wooden spoon. Serve on a warm serving dish the rabbits thighs with Maroilles Beer Cream sauce. Serve hot.
You'll also love
- easy Honey walnut Shrimp 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Chestnut Soup 4.1/5 (34 Votes)
- Balsamic Ribs 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Quick Energy Bars 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- PORK WITH ONION GRAVY 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Marinated beef with cream of morels 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Crab Curry with Kaffir Lime 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Cinnamon Clove Rump Roast 4.3/5 (6 Votes)