By Gadio El Hadji
- 7 oz of fresh chestnuts
- generous 2 cups chicken broth liters
- salt Pepper
- scant 1 cup cream
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 shallots
- 2 cloves of garlic
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
To prepare the chestnuts, cut through the bark and then steam for about 20 minutes. Rid them of their bark and white skin.
While chestnuts are cooking, wash, peel and chop the garlic and shallots.
Sweat the chestnuts olive oil and moisten with chicken stock. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes and season to taste. Add cream and mix then strain through a chinois. Bon appetit!
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Garlic and Parsley Domplines 4.3/5 (175 Votes)
- Algerian Bourek Chicken 4.6/5 (110 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Frosting 4.8/5 (53 Votes)
- Sweetbreads with chanterelles and... 3.5/5 (176 Votes)
- Banana Cream Pie 4.5/5 (60 Votes)
- Sole Medallion with foie gras 4.6/5 (77 Votes)
- Peppers stuffed with goat cheese 3.5/5 (159 Votes)
- Glass Slipper/ Cinderella 4/5 (87 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Are you curious to find out what the best way to chop a garlic clove is? We show you the easiest and most efficient way to chop garlic cloves like a chef!