By Gadio El Hadji
- 7 oz of fresh chestnuts
- generous 2 cups chicken broth liters
- salt Pepper
- scant 1 cup cream
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 shallots
- 2 cloves of garlic
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
To prepare the chestnuts, cut through the bark and then steam for about 20 minutes. Rid them of their bark and white skin.
While chestnuts are cooking, wash, peel and chop the garlic and shallots.
Sweat the chestnuts olive oil and moisten with chicken stock. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes and season to taste. Add cream and mix then strain through a chinois. Bon appetit!
You'll also love
- Zucchini Caviar and Parmesan Cream 3.9/5 (89 Votes)
- Pumpkin Soup 4/5 (18 Votes)
- Spanish Meatloaf 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Garlic Parmesan Mashed Potatoes 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Pork Fillet, French Toast with... 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Cucumber and Tomato Salad 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Walnut and Chestnut Honey Cake 3.9/5 (28 Votes)
- Mushrooms, Chestnuts and Duck Pie 4/5 (20 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Are you curious to find out what the best way to chop a garlic clove is? We show you the easiest and most efficient way to chop garlic cloves like a chef!