Walnut and Chestnut Honey Cake
By flo et mimolette
- 3 eggs
- generous 1/3 cup of sugar (brown sugar)
- 2-3 oz of walnuts
- 2 1/2 tbs chestnut honey
- 3/4 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup of flour
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350 °.
In a food processor, chop the walnuts into a fine powder. In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks and sugar, i.e. the reason you whisk the egg yolks and sugar is to incorporate air which increases the volume and turns the mixture white.
Meanwhile melt the butter gently (in a double boiler or microwave) and then beat the egg whites until stiff. Add melted butter and honey mixture to the eggs and sugar. Whisk well, add nuts and flour and then finish by gently incorporating egg whites using a spatula. Butter the bottom of a small round pan (about 9") and top with the dough. Bake until a knife stuck in center comes out clean (about 25 minutes). Unmold and let cool.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.5/5 (1147 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.4/5 (955 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge 4.2/5 (409 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Five Minute Fudge 3.8/5 (217 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Beignets with Bourbon Walnut Sauce 4.3/5 (140 Votes)
- Potatoes Eggs and Cheese 4.2/5 (116 Votes)
- Fresh Pasta 3.2/5 (218 Votes)
- Algerian Bourek Chicken 4.6/5 (110 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!