Classic Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Rate this recipe 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- 1/2c shortening
- 1c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2c flour
- 1/4t salt
- 2t baking powder
- 3/4c pineapple juice
- can of pineapple anyway you prefer
- 4T butter
- 1c brown sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350*. Cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs and mix well. Add flour, salt, baking powder, and pineapple juice and mix well.
Simmer butter and brown sugar and pour in baking pan. Arrange pineapple over brown sugar mixture. Pour batter over pineapple.
Bake for 50 minutes. Turn over while hot and enjoy.
You'll also love
- Base for Banana Pudding (or Cream... 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Apple Pie 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Pound Cake Cookies 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Tropical Melon Fruit Salad 4.1/5 (26 Votes)
- Polynesian Meatball & Pineapple... 4.1/5 (24 Votes)
- Daddy's spare ribs 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Frozen Virgin Pina Colada 4/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Sweet And Crunchy Fruit Skewers
We've got the perfect party snack for your next hosting gig: sweet pineapple, clementine and banana skewers dipped in dark chocolate and crushed hazelnuts! So delicious with easy presentation, these won't last long.
Review this recipe