Pound Cake Cookies
- 3 Sticks Margarine
- 1 1/4 cup Sugar
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 3 1/2 cups All purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Almond Flavoring
- Pecan Halves
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 18mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 300°F.
Cream margarine until soft. Gradually add sugar. Continue creaming until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks. Add flour an little at a time. Add flavoring. Roll dough into small balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Press Pecan halves into each cookie. Bake for 18 minutes.
You'll also love
- MEXICAN WEDDING CAKE COOKIES 4/5 (29 Votes)
- Cake Cookies 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Swedish Sugar Cookies 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Traditional Trifle 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Delicious Cinnamon Coffee Cake 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Cookies & Cream Freeze 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Bananarama Nutty Muffins 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Vanilla Pound Cake 3.6/5 (6 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!