Bananarama Nutty Muffins
Lots of banana flavour - with walnuts
- 4 large bananas
- 1/4 cup brown sugar Splenda
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 1/3 cup melted margarine
- 1t vanilla or maple extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1t cinnamon
- 1t pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup walnuts
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Mash bananas and mix with Splenda, margarine
Beat with mixer until smooth
Add egg and vanilla (or maple) extract
Beat until blended
Combine flour and all dry ingredients in large bowl
Use whisk to mix together
Pour wet ingredients into dry, and mix together quickly with wooden spoon.
Fold, do not beat, until all moistened.
Add walnuts and stir once more.
Spoon into greased muffin tin - or greased paper muffin liners.
About 1/4 cup per liner
Bake in 350 degree F. oven for 20 minutes
When cooked take out of tin and place on rack to cool
If dough too dry add milk or yoghurt until moist enough
Test muffins with cake tester
Muffins keep well and freeze well
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Zebra Muffins are adorable and delicious!
- Olive Oil
- Baking Powder
- Separate egg whites from yolk
- Whisk egg whites then add sugar, then set aside
- Put egg yolks in another bowl and whisk with sugar
- Mix in olive oil and milk
- Add whipped egg whites and fold into mixture with a spatula
- Divide into two new bowls
- Pour cocoa powder into one bowl and vanilla extra into the other
- Put vanilla mixture into each well of muffin tin
- Add a smaller layer of the cocoa mixture.
- Keep layering then top with the smallest layer of vanilla
- Put in oven and bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees