Healthy Banana Date Mini Muffins
Suprisingly delicious banana muffins that are high in protein and fiber and low in sugar and fat. Perfect for a winter morning snack!
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 8 pitted dates, minced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 applesauce
- 2 ripe bananas, smashed
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 375 and coat muffin tins with oil or non stick spray.
Blend all wet ingredients and sugar until smooth and creamy.
In a seperate bowl mix all dry ingredients.
Combine wet and dry ingredients and then add the minced dates.
Spoon into muffin tins and bake for 8-10 minutes.
It's important to use baking soda in this recipe because the chickpea flour can cause muffins to be very dense. The baking soda will help them fluff up during baking.
You'll also love
- Cider-Mill Stuffed Apples 4.2/5 (400 Votes)
- Bisquits 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Turkey Bites 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Spiced Orange Flan with Pineapple... 4.6/5 (33 Votes)
- Mini Sweet Potato Custard Pies 4.4/5 (142 Votes)
- COCONUT BANANA CHOCOLATE GRANOLA... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Date Squares 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Dates ball 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Ready to try these quick and tasty smashed potato cakes?
- 5 large potatoes
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 cup milk
- Sour cream
- Boil and drain the potatoes
- In a mixing bowl, combine the potatoes with parsley, minced garlic, cilantro, shredded cheese and milk.
- Mash the mixture thoroughly.
- Shape into palm-sized balls, then flatten on a sheet pan
- Put in oven for 20 min at 355° F
- Layer, spreading generously with sour cream
- Garnish, and enjoy!