Cider-Mill Stuffed Apples
Get the taste of the cider mill all in one apple. These apples will bring back childhood memories of your first visit to the cider mill with a doughnut bread pudding stuffed in your favorite apple and then dipped in a candy apple mixture.
- 8 Large Apples
- Bread Pudding:
- 8 day old doughnuts-cinnamon
- plain or sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp allspice
- 1 tbsp nutmeg
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp milk
- 5 tbsp applesauce
- 1 cup vanilla pudding
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Candy Apple Mixture:
- 1-1/2 cup water
- 2 cup light corn syrup
- 1-1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp red food coloring
- cinnamon sticks
- chopped toasted almonds
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Wash and cut a slice about the size of the apple core from the tops of apples with paring knife. Cut and scoop the seeds out of the apple. The hole will be like the inside of a bowl.
Crumble doughnuts in a large bowl and with a fork mix in eggs, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, brown sugar, vanilla, milk, applesauce , pudding and salt until doughnuts are well coated and eggs are blended.
Spoon 2-3 heaping tablespoons into holes of apples.
Place stuffed apples in baking pan and bake for 15 minutes.
Begin the candy apple mixture while apples are baking by boiling water, corn syrup, sugar, cream of tartar and red food coloring.
Lower heat to medium low and simmer.
Slowly stir until everything is well dissolved.
After 10 minutes of simmering turn off heat.
Using tongs, dip baked apples in candy apple mixture for 3 minutes, Garnish with cinnamon sticks and toasted almonds.
May have to wait a few minutes for the candy apple mixture to set on the apples before eating.
You'll also love
- Lemon Meringue Tartlets 4.9/5 (229 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Five Minute Fudge 4.3/5 (218 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Amazing Kinder Bueno Flavored Ice... 4.2/5 (217 Votes)
- Stuffed Mushrooms 3.6/5 (205 Votes)
- Crock Pot Homemade Applesauce 3.4/5 (213 Votes)
- Apple Tart 4/5 (143 Votes)
- Apple and breton biscuits tart... 3.1/5 (213 Votes)
- Pumpkin Bread 4.7/5 (72 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French tarte tatin is golden, caramelized apple perfection!
- 1 puff pastry
- 6 apples, sliced
- 3 oz. chilled butter, chopped into chunks
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Roll out a puff pastry.
- Lay out the apple slices in a pan.
- Add chunks of butter on top of the apples.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Cook for 20 minutes in oven at 350°F, to caramelize the apples.
- Place puff pastry on top of the caramelized apples.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 350°F.