RECIPE: Crispy Apple & Orange Fruit Tart
This crispy tart is fruity, tangy, and delicious!
Chef Tips and Tricks
- Pastry crust
- Almond powder
- Icing sugar
- Chop an apple into thin slices
- Peel orange and slice thinly
- Lay pastry crust along the base of the tart mold and sprinkle the bottom with almond powder
- Line apple slices along the edge of the pastry crust
- Lay the rest of the pastry crust on a clean surface and rub both sides with flour
- Use a rolling pin to flatten then slice into strips
- Add a ring of pastry strips along the apple slices. Alternate with orange and grapefruit slices, placing a layer of pastry crust between each fruit layer
- Place in oven and bake for 40 minutes at 375°F
- Slice and serve!
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Check out our delicious spin on the classic Brazilian cake, with Fererro Rochers and Kit-Kat!
For the batter:
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 cup of of natural yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
For the frosting:
- 2 cups chocolate chunks
- 3 cans of condensed milk
- 2 and 1/2 cups thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- In a pan, melt together the condensed milk, the chocolates in pieces and the butter. Slowly fold in the thickened cream. Mix, without stopping, until it is smooth and thick.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and allow to cool for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs and sugar. Add the oil and mix again.
- In another bowl mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and the bicarbonate soda. Pour in the egg mixture, mix together, then add the yogurt.
Grease and sprinkle cocoa powder inside two springform pans. Divide the batter mixture between them, then bake at 360°F for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the oven, and allow to cool.
- Spread some of the frosting between the layers of the cake, and generously spread around the outside.
- Decorate the cake with Kit Kats, extra frosting and Fererro Rochers, in your style!
For more food buzz and delightful recipes, follow us on Facebook!