- 1 C flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 C butter
- 1 C brown sugar
- 2 C rolled oates
- 1 C chopped dates
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 C lemon juice
- 1/4 C water
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Cook filling ingredients until like jam in consistency.
Cream together butter and sugar. Add flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in rolled oats.
Use half of oat mixture on bottom of pan. Press until firm. Pour date mixture over top. Crumble remaining oat mixture on top of dates.
Bake at 325 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.
You'll also love
- Somas with dried coconut 4/5 (18 Votes)
- Melting Moments 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Melting Moments 3.6/5 (48 Votes)
- Dates ball 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- PUMPKIN PIE OATMEAL 4/5 (11 Votes)
- butter tart squares 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Basic Single-Serve Pancake 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Chocolate Brownies with Dates and... 3.9/5 (42 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.