- 1.5 c rolled oats
- 1.5 c unbleached flour
- .5 tsp salt
- .75 tsp baking soda
- 1 c brown sugar
- .75 c butter
- 1 pkg pitted dates
- 1 c water
- 1/3 c brown sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Mix together til crumbly the oats,flour,salt,soda,sugar,and butter. Put half into the bottom of a 9X9 pan and press lightly.
in a pot put in the dates,water,and sugar.Cooke until all mushy and thickened. Add the lemon juice and spread into the pan.
Place the rest of the crumbly mix on top and press down slightly.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 mins. Cool completely.
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1443 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.6/5 (1138 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.4/5 (941 Votes)
- Lemon Meringue Tartlets 4.9/5 (229 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Tatin Cheesecake 3.9/5 (183 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Challah 4.2/5 (139 Votes)
- Baby Food: Apple and Oat Puree 4.9/5 (48 Votes)
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Crumb Top... 2.8/5 (206 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.