Our most delicious greek yogurt desserts - 4 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Two of your favorite desserts come together...in the most DELICIOUS of ways!
- 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 320°F.
- Add the chocolate and butter to an oven-safe mixing bowl and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove, and set the oven to preheat to 350°F. The mixture should now be a thin chocolate sauce.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Add the egg and stir until blended.
- Add vanilla and stir.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the flour, a pinch of salt, a pinch of sugar, and cocoa powder.
- Blend the ingredients together.
- Using a sifter, add the dry ingredients into the chocolate batter, then mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
- Pour half of the mixture into a foil-lined baking tin.
- Smooth out the batter, then top with a layer of Oreo cookies.
- Pour the rest of the batter on top and smooth evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Greek yogurt desserts recipes
Healthy Banana Date Mini Muffins
Suprisingly delicious banana muffins that are high in protein and fiber and low in sugar and fat
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 8 pitted dates
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 applesauce
- 2 ripe bananas
10 filling breakfast ideas that are low in calories
By Deborah Deprez
Trying to cut back on calories? Here are 10 hacks to make your breakfast light, so you won't be tipping the scales when starting your day.
Coconut Lime Pound Cake
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- For The Cake:
- ½ cup (one stick) butter (softened)
- 1½ cups sugar
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt (may sub sour cream)
- 3 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- zest of 2 limes
- juice of 1 lime
- 1½ cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- For The Glaze:
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1-1½ tablespoons heavy cream (or half and half or other milk)
- optional: shredded coconut
Thanksgiving breakfast ideas that won't leave you too stuffed for turkey
What to eat on Thanksgiving morning to tide you over 'til the big feast? Here are 10 light breakfast ideas that won't spoil your appetite!
By Hélène du blog Dans l'Assiette de Mademoiselle Charlotte et Cie
In a bowl beat the cheese well with the liquid sweetener and vanilla
- 16 oz of fromage blanc 0%*
- 1 cup liquid whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons liquid sweetener
- 10 oz raspberries one
- Speculoos cookies**
- 2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- *If you cannot find fromage blanc substitute for greek yogurt or cream cheese
- **Substitute graham crackers if you cannot find speculoos
Spiced Molasses Muffins
By Kristin's Kitchen, Kristin's Kitchen
Deliciously spiced molasses muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour (187.5 grams)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup unsulfured blackstrap molasses (blackstrap is a full bodied dark molasses)
- 1/2 cup 2% plain greek yogurt
- Turbinado sugar
- for topping (optional)