Delicious Cinnamon Coffee Cake
- 2 2/3 cups Flour
- 6 t Baking Powder
- pinch Salt
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 Eggs
- 1 T Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 stick Butter (melted)
- Cinnamon and Sugar mixture (desired amount)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Cream sugar and shortening. Combine the mixtures and add eggs, vanilla and milk.
On top of raw batter put melted butter and sprinkle mixture of cinnamon and sugar. Place into 2 round cake pans and bake at 350 degrees for 20 min.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!