a coffeecake made with blueberries
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour, 1 1/2tsp baking powder,1/2tsp baking soda,1/4tsp salt 1/2 cup margarine, 1 cup sugar, 3 eggs, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 cup sour cream or yogurt, 2 cups blueberries, 1/2 cup brown sugar.
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 1mins
Cost Average budget
sift together dry ingredients into a small bowl, set aside.
cream margarine and sugar in large bowl, add the three eggs and mix well, add the vanilla and the sour cream. Blend the ingredients well.
Add dry ingredients to wet.
Spray the 9 inch springform pan well with non stick spray.
spread half of the batter into the bottom of the pan sprinkle half the brown sugar on top and half the blueberries.spread the remaining batter evenly over the batter and repeat with the brown sugar and the blueberries.
Place in hot oven 350 F for 1 hour. Remove and let cool 10 mins and remove ring.
I generally use frozen blueberries. I buy when on sale!
You'll also love
- Kaleberry Smoothie 4/5 (64 Votes)
- Raspberry Creamsicle 4/5 (16 Votes)
- Pretzel Bread 4/5 (12 Votes)
- Sunday Morning Blueberry Muffins 3.6/5 (42 Votes)
- B.C. Monster Cookies 4/5 (11 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Awesome Spiderman Cake 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Strawberry Shortbread Protein... 3.6/5 (24 Votes)
- Peach Pie (also can be used for... 4/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.