- 40 grams fresh yeast/1.5 oz
- 2 cups warm water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 7 cups flour
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
dissolve 40 grams of fresh yeast/1.5 oz in 2 cups warm water with 1/2 cup of sugar
in a bowl, mix 2 teaspoons of salt, 1/4 cup of oil, an egg and 3 cups of flour.
add the yeast
keep adding flour (another 3 1/2- 41/2 cups)
bake at 400 F/ 200 C
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!