Pretzel bread recipes - 2 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: French Strawberry Mille Feuille
Ooo la la... This gorgeous French strawberry Mille Feuille will blow you away!!
- 1 puff pastry
- For the custard:
- 3 Egg yolks
- 3 cups milk
- - 1/2 cup sugar
- - 1/2 powdered sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- For the whipped cream:
-3 cups cold heavy whipping cream
-1 vanilla bean
-1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut out rectangles (2 per cake).
- Bake for 10 minutes at 340° F.
- For the custard: simmer milk on low heat and add the vanilla bean. In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar and powdered sugar. Incorporate the egg mixture into the milk, and let simmer for a few minutes until it thickens.
- For the whipped cream: combine the heavy cream and vanilla bean in a bowl mix. Add the powdered sugar, and whip until firm.
- Combine the custard and whipped cream to make whipped custard cream.
- Refrigerate the whipped custard cream for one hour.
- Lay out the pastry rectangles, and use a piping bag to pipe out small peaks of whipped custard cream in rows. Alternate with rows of strawberries.
- Layer and repeat. Dust with powdered sugar.
Top rated Pretzel bread recipes
Cheesy Savory Pretzel ChallahRecipewe ♡
By Stephanie Holmes
Cheddar and rosemary elevate this pretzel challah to divine deliciousness
- 3 1/2 to 5 1/2 cups bread flour*
- 1 packet dry active yeast
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 Bags shredded cheddar cheese
- Egg Wash:
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- pinch of salt
- coarse salt
- rosemary (to taste)
- Pretzel Bath:
- 9 cups water
- 1 cup baking soda
dissolve 40 grams of fresh yeast/1
- 40 grams fresh yeast/1.5 oz
- 2 cups warm water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 7 cups flour