Southwestern Hot and Spicy Roasted Vegetables
This is a really simple recipe even though it has a lot of ingredients. It is a hot and spicy side dish that goes well with just about any type of meat.
- 4 medium 1 inch diced Idaho potatoes
- 2 medium 1 inch diced red onion
- 2 medium 1 inch diced yellow onion
- 3 1 inch diced Anaheim chili peppers
- 3 fine chopped red jalapeno peppers
- 3 fine chopped green jalapeno peppers
- 2 minced habanero peppers
- 1 1 inch diced red bell pepper
- 1 1 inch diced yellow bell pepper
- 3 medium 1 inch diced sweet potatoes
- 2 chayote squash cut in eighths
- 2 1 inch diced Nopales cactus pads
- 6 1 inch diced plum tomatoes
- 4 1 inch diced tomatillos
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 20 cloves garlic halved
- 1/2 cup coarse chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup coarse chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 cup nut or other oil
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons coarse kosher or sea salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon Mexican oregano
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, toss to mix well. Spread evenly on 1 or 2 foil lined, rimmed baking sheets. Cover with foil (If you need to use two pans, place one on the middle rack and one on the bottom rack, switching their positions halfway through cooking.) Roast on the middle rack of the oven for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, til vegetables are tender and soft. If vegetables are cooking too quickly, lower heat a little to 350 to 375 degrees. If you prefer, remove foil cover during the last 5 to 10 minutes of roasting, depending on how browned you like your roasted vegetables.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Cheesy Cauliflower Pizza Cups are just what you need when snack o'clock rolls around!
- 1/2 cauliflower head
- 8 eggs for cauliflower mix
- 4-6 cups shredded cheese
- 6 slices salami
- 6 tbsp pizza Sauce
- Boil diced cauliflower in salted water until tender.
- Blend, then transfer to mixing bowl.
- Mix in 2 eggs, pepper and 2 cups of shredded cheese
- Share the cauliflower mixture out between 6 ramekins, forming little cups
- Add 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Bake for 25 min at 375°F
- Add a slice of salami, a tbsp of pizza sauce, and one raw egg to each ramekin
- Top with cheese and return to oven for 7 min at 375°F
- Serve, and enjoy!