How To Make The Ultimate Sheet-Pan Grilled Cheese
Deliciously oozy and gooey.
An All-Time Classic
A grilled cheese sandwich is comfort food at its finest. Thick white bread slathered with salted butter, loaded with cheese, more cheese, and a sprinkling of even more cheese.
The only problem is, when looking forward to such a tasty treat, we want to make sure it's perfect. We've found the only way of gaining such a thing, it to make your grilled cheese sandwich using a sheet-pan.
This method requires less attention compared to the stovetop method, and also allows you to make a few sandwiches at a time. It also gives the edges of the bread a little crispiness, which perfectly compliments the cheesy ooziness . In just 10 mins. you'll have a gooey, golden brown grilled cheese sandwich ready to serve up and enjoy.
For 1 person:
- 8 sliced of thick, white bread
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1 1/2 cups grated Cheddar cheese (we like Cheddar with a sharp tang!)
- 4 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F, set a grilling rack 1/4 up of the oven, and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Take 4 slices of bread, and butter edge to edge.
- On the top half of the parchment paper, place the 4 slices of bread butter-side down. Sprinkle the cheese on top, drizzle over a teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce onto each slice of cheesy bread, and top with the remaining bread slices.
- Place on the rack and bake for 8 mins. The bread should be golden and the cheese should be just melted.
- Enjoy immediately!
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Enjoy these super easy, cheesy, dumpling-style croque monsieurs!
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 slices of ham
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella cheese
- Egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a large piece of plastic wrap, press one slice of bread flat with a rolling pin.
- Add one slice of ham, cherry tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
- Take the four corners of the bread, pull them in towards the center, pinch them together so that the bread maintains the shape.
- Envelope the bread in the plastic wrap. Gather and twist the ends on top to seal the sandwich dumpling.
- Repeat this step with the other slices of bread.
- Remove the bread balls from the fridge and roll each one in flour, then egg yolk, then breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve alone or with dipping sauces of your choice.