Awesome Spiderman Cake
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 egg eggs
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 almond paste
- Red food coloring
- Chocolate syrup
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
For the cake, with an electric beater, beat the 4 egg yolks with sugar in a hot water bath for 5 minutes until it doubles volume.
Take it off out of the hot water and add the flour and baking powder. Add in the softened butter and the 4 egg whites (pre-whipped). Mix and pour into a cake dish. Bake for 20 minutes at 350°F.
Save some almond paste for the eyes of Spiderman. Mix the rest of the almond paste with some red food coloring. Add coloring to make the entire ball red. Put the almond paste between two parchement papers and roll it out to the size of the round cake pan. Cut it out to form the face of Spiderman. Put the last two balls of almond paste as the eyes of Spiderman. Use chocolate syrup to make the spider web on the mask.
The red coloring will stain your fingers so wear gloves for that part.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!