Easy Pound Cake with Vanilla
I was taught this recipe at a very young age by my mom
- 2 Eggs
- 200 grams Sugar
- 200 grams Flour
- 200 grams Butter (or margerine)
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Mix the butter and eggs in a mixer untill creamy.
Add the sugar and salt. Mix untill incorporated.
Add the flour and beat untill totally smooth.
Place in prepared baking pan and make the centre slightly more indented than the sides to avoid splitting during baking.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1452 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.5/5 (1147 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.4/5 (955 Votes)
- 3-Ingredient Coconut Balls 4.2/5 (339 Votes)
- Lemon Meringue Tartlets 4.9/5 (229 Votes)
- White Chocolate Raffaello Cake 4.6/5 (230 Votes)
- Classic French Ratatouille with... 4.1/5 (238 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Tatin Cheesecake 3.9/5 (183 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!