Classic Pound Cake
Happiness in the mouth ;)
Rate this recipe 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 325•
Prepare pan- best made in a bunds pan.
Cream butter and sugar, beat in eggs and vanilla, beat well. Mix in the milk.
Sift all the dry ingredients. Beat into the creamed mixture.
Bake until golden.
You'll also love
- Creamy Vanilla Cheesecake 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Magic Sticks 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Sliced Sugar Cookies 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Martha Washington Candy 4.3/5 (68 Votes)
- Daisy Cake 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Buttercream Carrot Cake Icing 4.2/5 (85 Votes)
- 3 minute cupcakes 4.3/5 (51 Votes)
- Peach Cobbler 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Rustic Cherry Tart
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!
Review this recipe