Nana's Brownie Cupcakes
Brownies baked in cupcake pans....makes the brownies a little thicker, which my family seems to like. I take a traditional boxed brownie recipe and swap out a few key ingredients to make it my own. These brownie cupcakes can be baked into minis or into regular sized cupcakes.
- 1 box of brownie mix any kind as long as it makes a 9" x 13" inch pan.
- 1/3 cup cold coffee
- 1/2 coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- cupcake papers (your choice on whether you want to do mini or regular size)
- cupcake pans
- Preheat oven to 350*
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Line cupcake pans with cupcake papers and set aside.
Mix together in a large mixing bowl the brownie mix, the 1/3 cup of cold coffee, the coconut oil and the three eggs. Make sure that the coconut oil is in liquid form. If it's solid, just zap in microwave for a few seconds to warm up and liquefy.
Spoon brownie mixture into each lined cupcake cup to about 2/3 rd of the way full. If you make regular size cupcakes, it should make around 12, if you make minis it should make 24 or so. Bake in preheated 350* oven for around 20 minutes for regular sized cupcakes and about 12-15 minutes for minis, depending on your oven.
These brownie cupcakes make a great portion control treat and you do not taste the coffee in the brownies, as the coffee helps enhance the flavor of the chocolate. You also do not taste the coconut from the coconut oil. You can have a lot of fun with these brownie cupcakes by adding all sorts of mix-ins!
Some of my favorite mix-ins are walnut pieces, pecan pieces, mini chocolate chips or peanut butter chips!
You'll also love
- Easy Chocolate Cupcakes 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Jewish Apple Cake 4.2/5 (107 Votes)
- Chicken and Broccoli in Crescent... 4.3/5 (31 Votes)
- Blueberry Duff (Boiled Blueberry... 4.3/5 (54 Votes)
- Cheese sticks 4.3/5 (31 Votes)
- Creme De'Mint Brownies 4.2/5 (76 Votes)
- Giant Peanut Butter and Chocolate... 4.3/5 (29 Votes)
- Choc Chip brownie cups 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.