Classic 8oz Pound Cake
- 8oz butter
- 8oz self raising flour
- 8oz eggs
- 8 oz sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 325•
Cream butter and sugar. Add in eggs one at a time. Lastly add in flour, beat well.
Bake at 325• until golden.
Layer cake with jam and whipped cream and dust with icing sugar or enjoy as is!!
You'll also love
- Natural Juice French Apple Pie 3.3/5 (191 Votes)
- Apple Strudel Bon-Bons 4.4/5 (42 Votes)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Banana Torte 3.9/5 (48 Votes)
- Banitsa 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Cookie Sheet Cake 3.9/5 (47 Votes)
- Eclair Icebox Cake 4.1/5 (31 Votes)
- Grandma's Butter Cookies 4/5 (24 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!