Classic 8oz Pound Cake
- 8oz butter
- 8oz self raising flour
- 8oz eggs
- 8 oz sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 325•
Cream butter and sugar. Add in eggs one at a time. Lastly add in flour, beat well.
Bake at 325• until golden.
Layer cake with jam and whipped cream and dust with icing sugar or enjoy as is!!
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!