Red Velvet cake
The classical showstopper
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1-2 tbsp red food coloring
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups flour
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 325•
Cream oil and sugar, beat in eggs and buttermilk. Mix in food cookout and vanilla.
Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl & slowly stir that into the mixed ingredients, until well combined.
Bake for 30-40minutes or until the toothpick come out clean.
Cool completely and cut into layers and Ice with cream cheese frosting!
Garnish with white chocolate curls or red sprinkles!
This recipe needs to baked ASAP!
You'll also love
- Lasagne 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Dessert bliss 4/5 (5 Votes)
- American Sugar Cookies 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Tender Babyback Ribs- in the oven! 4/5 (3 Votes)
- American Chocolate Chip Cookies 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Sea salt chocolate gourmandize 4/5 (26 Votes)
- Red Velvet Cupcakes 3.8/5 (21 Votes)
- Red Velvet Cheese Cake 4/5 (5 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!