Sea salt chocolate gourmandize
This is MY MUM’s recipe!
My brothers and I have been living far from home for years now: my parents live in the center of France, Alexander studies in Britanny, Frederik works in Scotland and I am in Massachuetts. So every time we come back home, our mother, Mette, is requested to make our usual “Back-home cake”: her sea-salt chocolate cake. It is soft inside, crunchy outside, and we just cannot resist it!
Sea salt chocolate to-die for! Discover our recipe.
- 3 table spoons of milk
- 4.5oz dark chocolate
- 4.5oz salty butter
- 4.5oz sugar
- 2 tea spoons of ground sea salt crystals
- 2 table spoons of flour
- 2 eggs
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Pre-heat the oven at 400°F.
Melt the chocolate, milk and butter together on low heat. Stir regularly.
Take the sauce pan off the stove.
Add the sugar. Stir.
Add the sea salt. Stir.
Add the flour. Stir.
Add the eggs. Stir.
Pour this mixture in a well buttered baking tin (or covered with wax paper).
Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes at 400°F – check whether it is ready by inserting a knife in the cake: the inside should be soft and the outside should be slightly crusty.
Let the cake cool down for 15 minutes at least (it tastes better cold).
It tastes good with some vanilla cream or custard ;-)
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!