French Chocolate Cobblestones
- 16 oz of pastry dough
- 16 oz pastry cream (Creme Patissiere)
- Chocolate chips: 1 large handful
- 1 egg
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Average budget
-Prepare the dough with milk about 5 hours in advance at least if make homemade.
-If making homemade prepare the pastry cream and allow to cool to use for filling.
-Stir in chocolate chips.
-Spread the dough on a floured surface.
-The amount is twice the surface of a baking tray cover with cream.
-Fold the dough in half on the other. Use water to secure dough closed.
-Grease and flour baking tray. Brush the dough with egg and cut into 6 large cobblestones.
-Bake about 35 minutes in moderate oven.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!