Salmon Terrine Surprise
By Elisah du blog Aux plaisirs Culin'air de Marie
- 4 slices of smoked salmon
- 1 cup leeks
- 2 oz cheese with garlic and herbs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 leaves of gelatine
- 1 tomato
- salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Slice and cook the leeks in a pan with a knob of butter until they are tender.
Heat the cream with the gelatin previously hydrated 5 min in cold water.
Mix cream and gelatin with leeks, cheese, salt, pepper and add the chopped chives.
Covering the inside of 4 ramekins with plastic wrap to facilitate easy release of salmon. Place salmon so that it covers the bottom and sides. Fill the salmon
alternating leek mousse, a slice of tomato, leeks mousse. Then fold the pieces of salmon over the top.
Fold the plastic wrap on top and place in refrigerator 2 hours.
Just before serving, return the dish on your serving plate and garnish with a lemon slice.
You'll also love
- Salmon steaks with cream leeks 4.7/5 (98 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Blackkk Bean Humus 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Potato & Tomato Soup 3.9/5 (18 Votes)
- Banana Pepper Lasagna 3.9/5 (17 Votes)
- Vegetable Bayaldi 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Crispy Stuffed Mushrooms with Crab 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Broccoli & Wild Rice Casserole 3.9/5 (78 Votes)
- Scallops on a bed of vegetables 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These fun Tropical Salmon Sushi Cups make the perfect warm-weather appetizer!
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp seasame oil
- 1 tsp chili paste
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb salmon, diced
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar.
- Stir though the cooked sushi rice, and with wet hands, shape into balls.
- Press the balls into ramekins lined with parchment paper, and press the rice up the sides of the ramekins into cup shapes.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the soy sauce, cilantro, sesame oil, chili paste and salt in a bowl.
- Combine the mango, avocado and salmon.
- Pour the soy mixture over the salmon mixture, and stir through until evenly coated.
- Remove the rice cups from the refrigerator, and peel off the parchment paper.
- Distribute the salmon mixture between the rice cups.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!