By Chef Damien
- 2 eggplant
- 2 zucchini
- 1 1/3 lbs of tomatoes
- 3/4-1 lb Onions
- 2/3 cups of olive oil* divided
- Fleur de Sel
- Anchovies in salt: 1/2 oz
- Thyme, bay leaf and rosemary
- 4 cloves of garlic
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 340 ° F
Tomato fondue: Peel half of the tomatoes and remove seeds. Chop the tomatoes and arrange in a casserole. Add 1/4 cup of olive oil, seasonings, garlic cloves and herbs. Bring to a boil and reduce until dry.
Onion compote: Slice and sweat the onions in olive oil. Season and add a pinch of sugar. Add chopped anchovies. Cover and cook for 30 minutes.
Bayaldi: Cut eggplant and zucchini. Sauté in olive oil and salt lightly. Cut tomatoes into 1/2 slices with the skin. Add to pan.
Cover the bottom of an oiled baking pan with a layer of onion compote topped with a layer of cooked tomatoes. Incorporate the tomatoes, eggplants and zucchini mixture. Drizzle with olive oil and season.
Bake for 30 minutes.
You'll also love
- Tamales 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Scallops on a bed of vegetables 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Tomato Sambhar 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Venner Rosotto 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Passion Fruit and Strawberry Creme... 4.1/5 (59 Votes)
- slow cooker provencial stew 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Chinese EggPlant Curry 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Cake Provençal 4.5/5 (35 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Tomatoes are delicious and a great part of a healthy diet. With our video we teach you the easiest way to quickly de-seed and dice a tomato, so that it's ready in no time!