By Chef Damien
- 2 eggplant
- 2 zucchini
- 1 1/3 lbs of tomatoes
- 3/4-1 lb Onions
- 2/3 cups of olive oil* divided
- Fleur de Sel
- Anchovies in salt: 1/2 oz
- Thyme, bay leaf and rosemary
- 4 cloves of garlic
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 340 ° F
Tomato fondue: Peel half of the tomatoes and remove seeds. Chop the tomatoes and arrange in a casserole. Add 1/4 cup of olive oil, seasonings, garlic cloves and herbs. Bring to a boil and reduce until dry.
Onion compote: Slice and sweat the onions in olive oil. Season and add a pinch of sugar. Add chopped anchovies. Cover and cook for 30 minutes.
Bayaldi: Cut eggplant and zucchini. Sauté in olive oil and salt lightly. Cut tomatoes into 1/2 slices with the skin. Add to pan.
Cover the bottom of an oiled baking pan with a layer of onion compote topped with a layer of cooked tomatoes. Incorporate the tomatoes, eggplants and zucchini mixture. Drizzle with olive oil and season.
Bake for 30 minutes.
You'll also love
- Ratatouille with Goat Cheese and... 3/5 (112 Votes)
- Pasta Salad with Olives and... 4.1/5 (26 Votes)
- Chicken Cordon Bleu 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Scallops on a bed of vegetables 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Grilled Chicken and Vegetable... 4.2/5 (52 Votes)
- Onions, Mushrooms and Peas...oh my 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Green Bean Salad with Goats Cheese 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- HOMEMADE VEGETABLE BEEF SOUP 3.8/5 (14 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Tomatoes are delicious and a great part of a healthy diet. With our video we teach you the easiest way to quickly de-seed and dice a tomato, so that it's ready in no time!