Passion Fruit and Strawberry Creme Brûlée
- 12 passion fruit
- some strawberries
- 6 egg yolks
- scant 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 200° F
Collect the juice of the passion fruit with a fine sieve.
Bring the cream and juice to a boil.
Blanch the egg yolks with the sugar.
Add the cream to the juice mixture and mix well.
Place in ramekins and add strawberries cut in two.
Bake in ramekins for 45 minutes at 200° F.
Place in refrigerator 30 minutes minimum.
Just before serving sprinkle with brown sugar and place in oven 10 minutes to grill.
You'll also love
- Affogatobout it! 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Lemon Salad 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Sweet Apple Turnovers 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Not Grandmoms Strawberry Shortcake 3.9/5 (29 Votes)
- Raspberry / White Chocolate Cookies 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- slow cooker provencial stew 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Croque Monsieur with Smoked Salmon 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Strawberry Mille Feuille 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.