Not Grandmoms Strawberry Shortcake
Fresh sugared strawberries On a moist tender cake smothered in homemade whip cream
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries
- 1White cake mix
- 2 tablespoons Strawberry preserves
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/12 cups heavy cream
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 30mins
prepare 13x9 pan, butter and flour set aside.
Slice strawberries to desired size and put in 1 cup of sugar. Mix well put in refridgerator.
Start to mix cake. Most cake mixes call for eggs, water, and oil. You will use eggs, milk, and margarine. Mix in 2 tbl preserves and bake as instructed on box. Because of additional ingredients sometime takes 5-10 minutes longer to cook. test w/ toothpick
When the cake comes out, If you are in a hurry you can put the cake in the freezer and it will be cooled in 20 minutes or less. After it has cooled run a knife around the edges to release from pan, use a spatula to push in gently to help release the bottom. Sometimes a small spot will stick to the pan after you Turn it over on your platter just scoop it out and put it in its place. With a long bread knife, Start at one corner and cut through the center to take off the top half Set this on an open t-towel as it will be easier to put it back
Mix 1/2 sugar and 1 1/2 cup heavy cream. Using your whisk attachment makes this much faster. Whisk until desired thickness about 5 minutes
Cover the inside of bottom half with sugared strawberries. Grab edges of t-towel and put top back on. Cover entire cake with remaining whip cream. Place Remaining strawberries in top and drizzle with juice.
You'll also love
- strawberry cream shot 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Special Mushroom, veggie & fruit... 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Strawberry Fluff Salad 4.2/5 (20 Votes)
- Cheese Cake with Frozen Blueberry... 4.1/5 (12 Votes)
- Orange You Tasty Cake 3.1/5 (230 Votes)
- Too Easy Apple Cobbler Cake 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Frozen Peach Shortcake Squares 2.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Easy Strawberry Cake 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
All you need is 3 main ingredients to make this Chocolate Strawberry Braid for dessert tonight!
- 7-9 medium-sized strawberries
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 chocolate bar
- 1 egg yolk
- Almond slivers
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the strawberries into halves.
- Dust some flour on a flat surface and spread your puff pastry out on top, smoothing it into a rectangle shape if necessary.
- Place the bar of chocolate in the center, then top with a layer of strawberry halves.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, slice the edges of the puff pastry into strips that can be wrapped over the chocolate and strawberries. Starting with the flap at the top, fold over each strip in a slightly diagonal direction so that they resemble a braid.
- Brush the braid with a beaten egg yolk so that it covers the entire visible surface.
- Sprinkle almond slivers on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Give the braid a few minutes to cool down, then cover with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!
Review this recipe