Orange You Tasty Cake
Homemade cake from scratch
- All purpose flour, baking soda, fresh orange, canola oil, peanut butter, cinnamon, honey, egg, plain yogurt, orange food coloring
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Budget Friendly
In a bowl, combine 1 cup of all purpose flour, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, 1/4 cup of peanut butter, 1/4 cup of honey, 1 egg, 2 teaspoons of cinnamon, half an orange diced up and gradually 1 cup of milk. You may need more or less milk to reach a batter like consistency
Mix all ingredients well and spray a non-stick spray onto a baking pan of your choice. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees
Next, pour your batter into your baking pan and bake for 20-25 minutes
Remove from the oven and let cool. While you are waiting for your delicious doggy cake to cool, in a bowl, combine 1 cup of plain yogurt with 1/2 a cup of peanut butter. Mix until the peanut butter is thoroughly mixed in with the yogurt
Now, add orange food coloring to your yogurt and peanut butter mix. Be sure to mix the food coloring in well. this is your icing for your cake
Once the cake has completely cooled off, top your cake with your icing. Be very generous with the icing.
Cut into bite size pieces for your four-legged children and watch them enjoy!
Be sure to only use plain yogurt as apart of your icing. Other flavors contain unnecessary sugars that your pooch doesn't need. The oranges already have a natural sugar content.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
We are definitely making these Easy Cheesy Mini Pizzas for our next party!
- Pizza Dough (homemade or store bought)
- Shredded cheese
- Pizza sauce
- Cured ham, shredded
- 4 eggs
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Roll out the dough
- Use a small bowl to cut the dough into rounds
- Add shredded cheese
- Place in oven on an oven tray afr 10 min at 355°F
- Put each dough round into a ramekin
- Add 1 tbsp pizza sauce, a handful of shredded cured ham
- Break an egg into each pizza
- Top with sliced cherry tomatoes and a basil leaf
- Place in oven for another 15 mins at 355°F
- Garnish with parsley and a pinch of pepper
- Serve and enjoy!