Sweet Apple Turnovers
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 2 tart apples
- finely chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 4 tsp butter or margarine
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2 Tbsp sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
roll pie crust into a 10-inch square on a lightly floured surface. Cut into sixteen 2 1/2 inch squares. Combine apples, brown sugar, cinnamon and egg in a large bowl, toss to mix.
Preheat oven to 425F. Place pastry squares on an ungreased baking sheet. Spoon 1 tbsp apple mixture onto each square. Dot each square with 1/4 tsp butter.
Fold each pastry over filling to form a triangle, brush pastry edges with some milk and press to seal.
Brush pastry tops with remaining milk and sprinkle with sugar. Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
Prepare the apple mixture as recipe directs 1 day ahead. Add 1 Tbsp lemon juice to prevent browning; refrigerate in air tight container.
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1447 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge 4.4/5 (370 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Drop Donuts 4.1/5 (387 Votes)
- Cider-Mill Stuffed Apples 4.4/5 (354 Votes)
- Apple Tart 4.1/5 (128 Votes)
- Apple and breton biscuits tart... 3.2/5 (198 Votes)
- Mini Sweet Potato Custard Pies 4.4/5 (83 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Custard 4.6/5 (61 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.