- 2 cups Flour
- 1 cup Shortening
- 1 t Salt
- 3-4 T Cold Water
- Pie Filling:
- 6 cups sour apples (peeled and sliced)
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 T Flour
- 1/8 t Salt
- 1/2 t Cinnamon
- 2 T Margarine
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
In a bowl mix flour, shortening and salt. Add water and mix until it forms a ball. Cut in half. Shape first half into a ball and roll into a circle about 1" bigger than pie pan. Place in the pan. Repeat with second half and save for after you put in the pie filling.
Mix sugar, flour,salt and cinnamon. Mix apples in with flour mixture and pour into pie plate on top of lower crust. Dot with margarine and cover with upper layer of crust. Bake at 425 degrees for 35-40 min.
You'll also love
- Firehouse sweet potatoes 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Strawberry Carpaccio 4.1/5 (31 Votes)
- Matzah Pudding 3.9/5 (21 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Banana Torte 3.9/5 (54 Votes)
- Big momma cinnamon roll 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Homemade Pull Taffy! 3.9/5 (19 Votes)
- My Own Easy Take On Tuna Melt 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Macaroni Schotel 3.8/5 (75 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French tarte tatin is golden, caramelized apple perfection!
- 1 puff pastry
- 6 apples, sliced
- 3 oz. chilled butter, chopped into chunks
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Roll out a puff pastry.
- Lay out the apple slices in a pan.
- Add chunks of butter on top of the apples.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Cook for 20 minutes in oven at 350°F, to caramelize the apples.
- Place puff pastry on top of the caramelized apples.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 350°F.