Dutch Apple Crumbed Pie
- 1 unbaked single crust pie dough (Pillsbury refrigerated crust)
- 1/4 c. Sugar
- 2 Tb. Flour
- 4 tbs butter (cubed)
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Vanilla
- 6 c. peeled and thinly sliced apples
- For Topping:
- 3/4 c. Brown Sugar
- 1/2 c. Flour
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 c. butter (very cold)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Roll out pie dough and fit into a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate fluting the edges,
In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, vanilla & cinnamon with the sliced apples together, transfer into prepared pie crust, then add the cubed butter on top of the apples.
Make the topping by stirring together the brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon in the bowl. Add the butter in pieces crumbling the butter in until the mixture starts to hold together.
Break off pieces of the topping and evenly place over the top of the apples, covering them completely. Gently pat mixture down.
Place pie on a baking sheet and cover entire pie loosely with foil. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 35 to 40 minutes more until top is golden and apples are tender. Cool on a wire rack.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.