- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter/oil
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat the oven at 350 F.
Mix flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, milk, eggs and beat for 2 minutes in low speed.
Grease the pan and pour the mixture, leaving behind 1/4 mixture.
Add cocoa powder in the remaining mixture.
Pour the cocoa mixture onto the plain batter and with help of the knife or fork make swirls and bake for 30 - 35 minutes.
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1437 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.6/5 (1124 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.4/5 (929 Votes)
- Lemon Meringue Tartlets 4.9/5 (229 Votes)
- White Chocolate Raffaello Cake 4.6/5 (216 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Tatin Cheesecake 4/5 (177 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Challah 4.2/5 (138 Votes)
- #MsCarmens CHOCOLATE Chip Pound... 4.6/5 (87 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!