Gramma's Chocolate Cake
This is a fail proof recipe for delicious dark chocolate cake. Put any flavor icing you want on it.
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup hot water (boiling)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup sour milk ( add a tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar to milk)
- 2 tsp. vanilla
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Average budget
Mix cocoa, butter, sugar and hot water. Add eggs. Mix all your dry ingredients together flour, baking soda, salt. Use a wire whisk to mix dry ingredients well. Alternate the dry ingredients with the milk. Add the vanilla. Pour into a 9 by 12 cake pan.
Bake at 350F for 35 min.'s. Test with a toothpick, it should come out dry. Top should feel spongy.
The hot water seems weird but it really works, be careful you don't splash the batter when adding the hot water, mix on lowest speed.
You'll also love
- Recipewe ♡ Cookie Sheet Cake 3.9/5 (47 Votes)
- Irish Potatoes 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Pound Cake 3.9/5 (19 Votes)
- Easy Chocolate Pudding 4.3/5 (27 Votes)
- Emeril's Rich Chocolate Sauce 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Apple Mellow Cake 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Coconut Filled Chocolate Cake... 3.7/5 (30 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!