Apple Mellow Cake
By Maggie Sian
Moist yellow apple cake with a marshmellow crisp topping
- 1 box of yellow cake mix -dry
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of applesauce
- 1 10 oz bag of mini marshmallows
- 1 21 oz can of apple pie filling
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 50mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 350°.
Generously grease a 9 x 13 cake pan
Spread the bag of mini marshmellow evenly on the bottom of the pan.
Mix cake, eggs, applesauce, and water together.
Pour evenly over marshmellows.
Do not shake the pan.
With a spoon, drop apple filling on top of cake/marshmellow mix.
Place in preheated oven on middle shelf. Cook for 45-50 min.
Best when served warm
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.