Apple McIntosh Cake
Not too heavy sweet apple bundt cake
Apple McIntosh Cake. Discover our recipe.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3-4 apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar over sliced apples in small bowl, mix to coat apples. Set aside.
In large bowl, beat eggs, oil, orange juice, and vanilla together.
Sift in flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Mix on low speed for 1 minute, then 4 minutes on medium speed.
In greased and floured bundt pan, layer some batter, then add a layer of apples, more batter, another layer of apples, and the final batter layer. (there will be 3 layers of batter, and two layers of apples)
Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes, or until golden. Test with toothpick.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!