Double 1 Egg Chocolate Cake
Grandma Rolph's Grandmother's recipe
*Use for layer cake or 9x13 pan
- 3 cups flower
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup sour milk (or sweet milk with 1 teaspoon vinegar)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 1 cup hot water
Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl.
Mix together dry ingredients then add the dry to it.
Pour into greased pan and bake at 350 for 40 minutes or until done.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Layer Cake with Cream 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Easy German Chocolate Layer Cake 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Delicious Cinnamon Coffee Cake 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- German Apple Cake 3.6/5 (8 Votes)
- roastd cheddar broccoli 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Oreo Balls 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
- Peppermint Brittle 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Loving Cups 4/5 (6 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!