Duck breast with honey
By Portier Jean-Baptiste
- 3 shallots
- 2 apples
- 1 orange
- 2 duck breasts (12 oz each)
- scant 1/2 cup of cognac
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 3 1/2 tbsp butter
- fine salt
- Freshly ground pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 10mins
Peel and chop the shallots. Peel the apples and cut into strips.
Squeeze orange to extract juice, cut the breasts skin side and flesh side in three or four places with a knife to make cuts in the width direction.
Heat a dry pan and place the duck breasts skin side down to cook for 5 minutes. Turn and cook 4 to 5 additional minutes with salt and pepper.
Cook the apples in another pan with a little butter. Keep duck and apples warm.
Discard the fat from cooking the duck breasts in skillet and add shallots and a little brandy. Heat, stir, add the remaining brandy, orange juice and honey. Reduce a few minutes. Remove from heat and add butter in small pieces, whisking.
Cut the duck into slices and place on a plate with apples.
Drizzle with sauce and serve immediately.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.