Duck breast with Raspberry marinade
- 2 duck breasts
- 4-5 shallots, minced fine
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Tear off the portion of duck fat. Melt the fat in a pan, just enough to fry the shallots, add honey and stir.
Add the raspberry vinegar, salt, pepper. Cool a few minutes and add duck. Let marinate for an hour, turning occasionally, ensuring the sauce soaks in evenly.
Cook the duck breasts on the grill for ten minutes depending on thickness. Serve with remaining reheated sauce.
You'll also love
- Duck breast with honey 3.9/5 (65 Votes)
- Normandy style duck 3.9/5 (39 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Iced Melon Soup with Mint Oil and... 3.3/5 (219 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Parmesan shortbread with confit of... 3/5 (163 Votes)
- Duck breast with mandarin oranges 3/5 (29 Votes)
- Easy Weeknight Italian chicken 2.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Garlic Juice 2.9/5 (198 Votes)
- Honey Mustard Dressing 3/5 (9 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Who will you make these elegant duck pastry pockets for?
- 1 whole duck breast
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 3-4 slices ham
- 3-4 tbsp raspberry jam
- 3- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- Fry the duck breast in a pan until medium rare (or your preference) and browned on the outside.
- Roll out a sheet of puff pastry, and layer the ham slices in the middle.
- Spread the raspberry jam over the ham slices, and follow with the Muenster cheese, and the duck breast.
- Moisten the sides of the pastry with water, then fold to enclose the duck.
- Brush the pastry with the egg yolk, then score lightly with a knife.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 464°F (until the cheese is melted and the pastry is golden brown)
- Serve, and enjoy!