Duck breast with mandarin oranges
- 3 tablespoons of honey and lime
- 4 duck breasts (average)
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth
- scant cup sour cream
- 6 mandarins untreated
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Take the zest of 3 mandarines and then peel them. Cut the other 3 into quarters.
Fry the duck breasts 10 minutes, skin side down, until crisp, then sear the other side.
Remove and keep warm.
Deglaze the pan, pour in the honey and the zest and then bring to ta boil, add the vinegar and broth.
Let reduce about 10 minutes, stir in the cream and leave on heat until sauce can coat the back of a spoon.
Serve the sliced duck breast, topped with sauce and decorated with mandarin.
Some chestnuts perfectly accompany this dish.
Take the zest of 3 tangerines and then peel them, and the other 3 and bucking them into quarters. Fry 10 minutes the duck breasts, skin side down, until crisp, then sear the other side. Remove and keep warm. Degrease the pan, pour in the honey and the zest and then from the back to the boil, add the vinegar and broth. Let reduce 10 minutes, stir in the cream and leave on heat until sauce is nappante. Serve the sliced duck breast, topped with sauce and decorated with mandarin. Some chestnuts perfectly accompany this dish.
You'll also love
- Recipewe ♡ Iced Melon Soup with Mint Oil and... 3.4/5 (193 Votes)
- Cottage Cheese Salad 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Orange/Pineapple Delight 2.8/5 (15 Votes)
- Punch 2.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Mandarin Orange Cake 2.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Duck Breasts with Cherry, Ginger,... 3.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Mandarin Cake 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Who will you make these elegant duck pastry pockets for?
- 1 whole duck breast
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 3-4 slices ham
- 3-4 tbsp raspberry jam
- 3- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- Fry the duck breast in a pan until medium rare (or your preference) and browned on the outside.
- Roll out a sheet of puff pastry, and layer the ham slices in the middle.
- Spread the raspberry jam over the ham slices, and follow with the Muenster cheese, and the duck breast.
- Moisten the sides of the pastry with water, then fold to enclose the duck.
- Brush the pastry with the egg yolk, then score lightly with a knife.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 464°F (until the cheese is melted and the pastry is golden brown)
- Serve, and enjoy!