- 1 Cup flour
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 small can mandarine orange segments in juice or syrup
- 2/3 Cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp milk
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 11mins
Cost Average budget
Mix all cake ingredients together until smooth, breaking up segments. Bake in 9x9 pan at 350° for 30-40 mins (minus 5 mins)
Add gaze of sugar, milk, butter and bake remaining 5 mins.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!