Iced Melon Soup with Mint Oil and Crispy Smoked Duck Breast
- 2 melons
- 1 fresh bunch of mint
- 1 scant cup of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of lemon vinegar
- 1 smoked duck breast
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp tomatoes confit
- 1 pack filo sheets
- salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 350
Mix 1 and a half melon with half of the olive oil, the lemon vinegar and ten leaves of mint, puree, and reserve in the fridge.
Dice remaining melon.
Remove the fat from the duck breast and dice it. Brush over the filo sheets and add the duck and tomato to the center. Roll into a cigar and bake for 20 minutes.
Mix the rest of the fresh mint with the rest of the oil and reserve it.
Garnish the soup plate with the iced melon soup, the rest of the melon diced, the crispy duck cigars and little drops of the mint oil.
* You can also replace the melon with watermelon and try salmon cigars instead of duck.
You'll also love
- Roasted Duck Breast with Parline,... 3.4/5 (190 Votes)
- Duck breast with Raspberry marinade 2.9/5 (215 Votes)
- Nem nuong: Vietnamese Pork... 4.1/5 (108 Votes)
- Summer Vegetable Gratin 4.1/5 (103 Votes)
- Simple Green Smoothie (Green... 4.4/5 (53 Votes)
- Tropical fruit salad 4.6/5 (62 Votes)
- Watermelon Ball 3.9/5 (78 Votes)
- Fruit Gazpacho with Jam and Fresh... 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Who will you make these elegant duck pastry pockets for?
- 1 whole duck breast
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 3-4 slices ham
- 3-4 tbsp raspberry jam
- 3- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- Fry the duck breast in a pan until medium rare (or your preference) and browned on the outside.
- Roll out a sheet of puff pastry, and layer the ham slices in the middle.
- Spread the raspberry jam over the ham slices, and follow with the Muenster cheese, and the duck breast.
- Moisten the sides of the pastry with water, then fold to enclose the duck.
- Brush the pastry with the egg yolk, then score lightly with a knife.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 464°F (until the cheese is melted and the pastry is golden brown)
- Serve, and enjoy!