Mini Pecan Phyllo Tarts
Just look how cute these are!!! Perfect for entertaining a crowd....guilt-free! I found the original recipe on fellow blogger Gina's site (www.skinnytaste.com) and put my little twist on it!
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 tbsp Splenda brown sugar
- 2 tbsp sugar free maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup pecans
- chopped (I actually used walnuts
- as I didn't have pecans on hand-either will work!)
- 15 Mini Phyllo Shells**
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Allow frozen shells to thaw for 10 mins. Combine all filling ingredients and fill each shell generously. Bake for 12 mins.
**I used Athens brand phyllo (also spelled "filo") shells. They come in a pack of 15 and can be found in the frozen aisle. They are perfect for guilt-free eating, as they are only 25 calories for a 2-piece serving! What a great "skinny" find!
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Zebra Muffins are adorable and delicious!
- Olive Oil
- Baking Powder
- Separate egg whites from yolk
- Whisk egg whites then add sugar, then set aside
- Put egg yolks in another bowl and whisk with sugar
- Mix in olive oil and milk
- Add whipped egg whites and fold into mixture with a spatula
- Divide into two new bowls
- Pour cocoa powder into one bowl and vanilla extra into the other
- Put vanilla mixture into each well of muffin tin
- Add a smaller layer of the cocoa mixture.
- Keep layering then top with the smallest layer of vanilla
- Put in oven and bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees