The strawberry tartlets to make for dessert that will turn your boyfriend on
These French shortbread strawberry tartlets will make you look like a total baking pro! Follow our step-by-step recipe to learn how.
Strawberry Sablé Breton Tartlets
It's time to update your standby pie crust recipe to French Sablé Breton. It's basically like a shortbread crust but one that's extra crunchy and rich. Topped with mascarpone whipped cream and fresh strawberries, these little tartlets will win your boyfriend's heart all over again.
Ingredients for 6 people:
- For the sablé breton : 1/2 cup softened, lightly salted butter, 3/4 cup sugar, 2 pinches of salt, 1 1/4 cups flour, 3 egg yolks and 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder.
- For the mascarpone cream : 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream, 3/4 cup mascarpone, 1 tablespoon sugar cane syrup
- To finish: 1 pound of strawberries and 1 handful of shelled, unsalted pistachios.
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
All you need is 3 main ingredients to make this Chocolate Strawberry Braid for dessert tonight!
- 7-9 medium-sized strawberries
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 chocolate bar
- 1 egg yolk
- Almond slivers
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the strawberries into halves.
- Dust some flour on a flat surface and spread your puff pastry out on top, smoothing it into a rectangle shape if necessary.
- Place the bar of chocolate in the center, then top with a layer of strawberry halves.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, slice the edges of the puff pastry into strips that can be wrapped over the chocolate and strawberries. Starting with the flap at the top, fold over each strip in a slightly diagonal direction so that they resemble a braid.
- Brush the braid with a beaten egg yolk so that it covers the entire visible surface.
- Sprinkle almond slivers on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Give the braid a few minutes to cool down, then cover with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!