Mushrooms, Chestnuts and Duck Pie
By Elisah du blog Aux plaisirs Culin'air de Marie
- 2 puff pastries
- 3-4 oz (about 1 cup chopped) oyster mushrooms
- 3-4 oz (about 1 cup chopped) Puff ball mushrooms
- 3-4 oz (about 1 cup chopped) button mushrooms
- 4 shallots
- 2 carrots
- 8 oz of duck
- 1 pat of butter
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 bunch parsley
- 10 chestnuts
- 2 teaspoons veal stock
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 400 ° F
In a skillet, melt butter and add the chopped shallots, then once they are translucent add the mushrooms, the carrots, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper.
Cover and simmer 10 minutes, then thicken the sauce with the veal stock and cream. Cook 10 minutes on the stove.
During this time, make a cross-shaped notch on each chestnut and boil for 15 minutes. Peel and reserve.
Place puff pastry in a pie pan, pour the mushroom mixture in with the coarsely chopped chestnuts and arrange the duck breast over and cover with the second dough. Using a pastry brush, coat with egg yolk or milk.
Place in oven for 20 minutes at 400 ° F.
You'll also love
- Herring Undercover 4/5 (13 Votes)
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice 3.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Cod with Garlic Potato foam and... 3.7/5 (34 Votes)
- Mommy's Strawberry Pie 3.7/5 (25 Votes)
- Creamy Mushroom Spaghetti Sauce 3.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Roasted Duck Breast with Parline,... 3.3/5 (211 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Iced Melon Soup with Mint Oil and... 3.2/5 (231 Votes)
- Cream of Autumn Soup 3.2/5 (256 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Who will you make these elegant duck pastry pockets for?
- 1 whole duck breast
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 3-4 slices ham
- 3-4 tbsp raspberry jam
- 3- 4 slices Muenster cheese
- Fry the duck breast in a pan until medium rare (or your preference) and browned on the outside.
- Roll out a sheet of puff pastry, and layer the ham slices in the middle.
- Spread the raspberry jam over the ham slices, and follow with the Muenster cheese, and the duck breast.
- Moisten the sides of the pastry with water, then fold to enclose the duck.
- Brush the pastry with the egg yolk, then score lightly with a knife.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 464°F (until the cheese is melted and the pastry is golden brown)
- Serve, and enjoy!