If you love mushrooms this recipe is killer!
- 1 French Baguette sliced into 16 equal protions
- 1/2 Cup Butter at room temperature
- 1 clove of garlic or to taste
- 4 slices of Provolone cheese cut into 4
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Cup of sliced white muchrooms
- 1 Cup of sliced crimini muchrooms
- 3/4 Cup of chopped portobello muchrooms
- 1/2 Cup of carmelized onions
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 of a package of Boursin cheese crumbled
- Olive oil for drizzling
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
For garlic butter:
Pass garlic through a garlic press into soft butter and blend.
Butter bread slices with garlic butter and toast in 350 degree oven until browned.
Remove from oven and cool.
Prepare the carmelized onion and set aside.
Place all mushrooms in a frying pan and add 2 Tablespoons of butter. Fry until softened then add the carmelized onions, chicken stock, crushed red pepper and the salt and pepper to taste. Fry on medium heat until almost all liquid has evaporated. About 3 minutes.
Place taosted bread on baking sheet, top with provolone cheese then mushrom mixture. Top with crumbled Boursin cheese and bake in 350 degree oven until cheese is metled.
Serve immediately with a drizzle of olive oil.
You'll also love
- Portobello Fajitas 4.3/5 (29 Votes)
- Grilled Portobello, Bell Pepper... 4.4/5 (39 Votes)
- Foie Gras Appetizers 4/5 (19 Votes)
- Sardine Rillettes 4/5 (21 Votes)
- Creamy Mushroom Spaghetti Sauce 3.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Creamy Mushroom Meatloaf 3.3/5 (275 Votes)
- Bruchetta Toast 3/5 (53 Votes)
- Fat Ronnie's Onion Rings 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Amp up your bruschetta, with a flavorful French twist!
- 3/4 Cup of blue cheese
- 1/2 Cup of cream cheese
- Green peas (cooked)
- 4 Sun-dried tomatoes (halved)
- 2 Slices prosciutto
- Mix together the blue cheese and cream cheese.
- Spread onto toast.
- Top with green peas, sun-dried tomatoes, and prosciutto.